Monday, August 3, 2009

My Room

For the past 4 years I have been an EIP teacher. This year I decided to go back to what I was called to do, Special Ed. I am really excited about the change and going back to my first love.

I am still working in the mornings. A wonderful teacher friend retired last year and wanted to do some part time. She wanted to come in the afternoons, so this worked out for both of us. I knew this was something I wanted to do as soon as I was asked about it.

Our room was already set up. It is literally like a house and is just perfect like it is. We have everything from couches to the kitchen sink. There was nothing I wanted to change, so Denise told me I could put my things in the observation room between our room and the speech room. So, I was super excited to decorate my little space. I will not be in there much, but it is my little room. I must say I like going in and just sitting. :) I don't think that will be happening very often. It is going to be a wonderful school year.
















6 comments:

Lacy said...

well I think it is as cute as a pink pea in a green pea patch...You should see Lacy Parker's Dance Academy. Redecorating in hot pink and lime retro dot patterns with zebra stripes....TOO CUTE!!!

Julie said...

Too cute! I love it! Good luck this year.....I know you'll LOVE it! I really miss you though :0)

Brandi said...

CUTE!! You kinda make me want to go back to teaching so I can cutesie up my classroom!!!fun

mhsands said...

Okay Heidi, you have to be voted the cutest ever. Sure wish I had some talent, but I am just a plain Jane (oops, sorry Jane).

Jodee said...

Heidi -- Since I don't see your e-mail address, I am leaving you a quick comment about the ice cream cone party. The suckers were from the Dollar Tree. Do you have one? If not, let me know and I can mail you some. The pinata was from www.birthdayinabox.com. Here is the link: http://www.birthdayinabox.com/search/productdetail.asp?BTID=6&tab_cat_id=8&prodsku=8642&keyword=ice%20cream%20cone%20pinata

Please e-mail me through my profile if you need anything else or if you need me to mail you suckers.

Hope you have a great week!

Jodee

tara said...

Your room looks just like ya!! Hope you have a great year and I'm glad that you are teaching out of a closet!! :)