Monday, June 29, 2009

I Heart Paula Deen

This weekend I was looking at my Paul Deen 2009 calendar and came across a drink that sounds yummy. I think it caught my attention because of the grenadine. I plan on trying it soon and will let ya know how good it is.


Orange Cherry Limeade

2 cups Florida's Natural orange juice
2 cups prepared limeade
1/4 cup grenadine

In a small pitcher, combine all ingredients. Serve over ice.


I just love Paula Deen. (and her boys) I can't remember when I took my first trip to her resturant, but I do know it was before 2000. Neil and I went then with Ken and Holly. Paula was in there and signed a cookbook for us. It was around Christmas, so that is what everyone got as a present that year. My first trip was with MaMarge and Mama, so I know it was before that year with Ken and Holly.
I enjoy going to the Lady and Sons. It has been awhile since I have been. Neil and I tried going one Sunday and the wait was 4 hours. I love the fried chicken, sweet tea, and hoecakes. The mac and cheese is pretty darn good too. I don't do veggies, but I am sure they are just as good.

Mama and I go to every signing we know about. We love it. We both get so excited. Here are some pics from the signings.

This was such a priceless moment. She took him right up and loved all over him.



I just had to frame this and put it in my kitchen. I had her sign the pic when I was at Uncle Bubba's last October for a book signing.

Cooper was around a year old here. Jamie Deen ate him up! Needless to say, Mama and I were beside ourselves. Jamie saw him out of the corner of his eye and stopped everything to get him.





Is this sweet or what? I LOVE IT!

This is at Uncle Bubba's. I went with some friends from work. We had a great time. They all got a kick out of how excited I was. I won't ever live that one down.


They were both very sweet.

She about died when I showed her this pic.


Jamie is signing the pic with Cooper. The best part was when he told me he remembered it. I haven't framed it yet. I hope to soon so I can put it in Cooper's new big boy room.

4 comments:

tara said...

Love the new look!! It looks great!! I wish I could get mine to look that good! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Our babysitter loves her too!!

Goin_Coastal said...

You should have been in Reidsville last week. She was there w/the hubby & both boys. That Jamie is one good looking dude!

tdeloach said...

I wish that Jaime would hug and kiss all over me that way! Lucky Cooper!