Monday, March 19, 2012

In The Middle

Parker’s spring season started on Saturday.  It was a day FULL of baseball and fun. 

His first game started out with his greatest fear.  He struck out his first time up to bat. My heart just  broke for him.  Thank goodness I had on sunglasses because my eyes filled with crocodile tears.  Of course, his heart was broken and he went to the dug out with his head hung down. He shook it off quickly, and we were very proud of him.  

His next time up to bat he got on base, and I knew we were gonna be ok.  He ended up with a couple of triples and some doubles. His last time up to bat he struck out again.  This time it was ok because what happened IN THE MIDDLE made up for the beginning and end. My boy played some ball!

I was reminded of something on Saturday.  When we pray, our prayers are not always answered the way we want but the way HE sees best.  I didn’t want that first strike out for Parker and prayed that he wouldn’t, but looking back I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. He needed that strike out…  

He played catcher for the first time on Saturday and liked it. Man, that boy is so much like his daddy. Yep, Neil was a catcher. Of course, he thinks that is just great! :)

PJD, I couldn’t be prouder of you!

DSC00015

DSC00021

DSC00022

A TiReD but HaPpY crew!photo

I feel like those little boys are my own, and I enjoy getting to spend time with special friends while we watch our sluggers play.

Looking forward to the next day full of ball!

No comments: