Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Lake

First of all, I can’t believe it has been so long since I blogged. One reason is that I have been so busy, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  The other reason is that I lost my cord to download pics from my camera.  I found it last night! :)

A couple of Saturdays ago, Neil told the boys he wanted to take them squirrel hunting. Now, that is definitely something I have never done nor wanted to do.

All he had to say was they were going to Dunn’s, and I was ready for my first trip squirrel hunting. There was no place more special to Daddy, than the lake. I was in need of feeling close to him this particular afternoon, so I hopped in the truck with a good book and was off with my boys. My last trip to the lake had been when I was around 14.  (with Daddy)

I enjoyed my book while the boys hunted. They (Neil) killed 3 squirrels, and I think they were pretty lucky because hunting with P & C was not a quiet experience. :)

What a great time! It warmed my heart being with the boys at my Daddy’s favorite spot!

IMG_2291

IMG_2294

IMG_2296

IMG_2297

IMG_2301

IMG_2305

IMG_2306

IMG_2311

IMG_2312

IMG_2315

1 comment:

mhsands said...

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

Your comments have a way of making me smile.