Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Lunch


Every Sunday after church, we eat with Mama. She has spoiled me. I hate when she is out of town or has other plans because I get to see what a job it is trying to prepare Sunday lunch and get to church on time. Needless to say, if lunch is left up to me we usually just grab something.


Today she had a Thanksgiving Dinner for us~ turkey breast, dressing and all the trimmings. As you can see, it was yummy. She must have thought she was cooking for 10 because there was a feast. She couldn't understand why there were so many leftovers. None of us left the table hungry. Last Sunday she treated us to blueberry cobbler too. She has some pears, so I am hoping for some pear cobbler soon.


Mama and MaMarge are the best cooks. I sure didn't take after them. Cooking is not something I like or can do. You would think since I love Paula Deen so much, I would LOVE to cook. I really do like to bake, but I don't do that much either. I have promised myself that I am going to do better. We shall see~

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Wow! What a sweet Mama you have!

My husband does ALL of the cooking. Honestly, I can barely boil water. I am sooo pathetic and he spoils me rotten!

Jennifer said...

We had dinner at my Memom's every Sunday growing up. No we usually eat out :)

tara said...

Wow!! I should have sent Warren over there for lunch. LOL! That is his favorite meal!! :~)