Monday, July 6, 2009

Our 4th

What a great weekend! We had so much fun being with family and friends at the coast. Neil is off this week, so he headed to the coast Friday night when he got off work. The boys and I went around lunch on Saturday. As you can imagine, the place was packed. It is always fun to go and relax and get some of the best food in the world at Shellman's Bluff.








We enjoyed a great meal at Hunter's. I think that is my favorite place to eat at the coast. Actually, it is one of my favorite places anywhere. We were waiting on some friends before eating, so we went down to the dock and made some pictures.




After we ate, we went back and enjoyed sparklers, firecrackers, and poppers. As you can see, Cooper is the only one who liked them. Parker is afraid of his own shadow these days, so he wanted nothing to do with any of it. You can only imagine the excitement when Neil lit a whole bunch of the firecrackers at the same time. Parker jumped out of his skin.



















Sunday afternoon, we took the boys to Summer Waves. There weren't a lot of people there, so it was very nice. We enjoyed the slides, lazy river and dippin' dots. We stayed several hours, and then it was off to my other favorite resturant, Spanky's.


I took this in the parking lot at Spanky's. He looked so cute in his surfer shirt. I know he is mine, but he is so photogenic.


I am so thankful to live in this great land. This flag is AWESOME and makes me so proud to be an American!

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Beautiful pictures of you and your family. Ashton saw the pictures and said, "Cooper better be careful on the dock. I wouldn't want him to fall off!" She such a mother hen to little ones.

mhsands said...

Looks like u all had fun! I haven't been to SW in years... sounds like we may have to make a day trip before the end of the summer... Matthew would enjoy it, I'm sure.

tara said...

Looks like ya'll had a great weekend. We may have to take the boys to Summer Waves before my 3 weeks of summer is up.:(

Jaime said...

You have such a beautiful family. Oh and my little guy was SO frightened of all the fire cracker sounds that he has slept in our room the past two nights!!!:-)
Sounds like lots of good fun and good food...a perfect weekend!